Re: [eigen] symmetric matrix

On 02/09/2012 04:20 PM, Gael Guennebaud wrote:
Hi,

there is no compact symmetric storage if that's what you were looking
for. On the other hand the selfadjoint-view allows you to do many
optimized symmetric operations by working on an half dense matrix
(products, rank updates, cholesky factorization, etc.). You can also
pack two symmetric matrices into a single dense one to save some
bytes.... If you don't want to write .selfadjointView<Lower>() every
time you can name a view:

MatrixXd mat(n,n);
SelfadjointView<MatrixXd,Lower>  sym(mat);

sym.rankUpdate(v),

cheers,
gael

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Christopher Petrovitch