Re: [eigen] Fix for broken asserts revealed by Clang

Looks like I got a broken build from that change in 3.0 - see CDash for info.

http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/CDash/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=8729

Ryan

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Jitse Niesen <jitse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jan 2012, Keir Mierle wrote:

The attached mercurial export fixes some broken asserts. It's surprising
that these ever worked as expected, since the asserts always evaluated to
true before. Clang forbids converting char pointers to bool, which is what
triggered this.

Well done. Turns out that I misunderstood the logic of the code when I added the assert, so the assert was actually triggered and silently ignored in some cases. Anyway, that's hopefully fixed now.

Jitse

--
Ryan Pavlik
HCI Graduate Student