|Re: [eigen] Important: Relicensing Eigen to MPL2|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Important: Relicensing Eigen to MPL2
- From: Eamon Nerbonne <eamon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 14:21:10 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=sai88L3W95Bv2x4tv/FwC54H3SUuDBIJUxd5THTWKTo=; b=bw9YIabhDtIj9DrrQAhv4RdzTKfbhdnog/gO5eaTi0kWRU2PbPgw/ou9csdmLuhHow hpAHedW/52r5AtZ33E/rNB/VRzfCRPYnVe/3xCUSRca0n94rGnZa2swUnVxjQTX1P+zI Ni7dCXsZF+E4iZddmIOmNJwZuZkHgtDoFwsnA=
I've got virtually no code committed, but for the record: I'm OK with whatever license Benoit chooses.
Why not dual license just to avoid the discussions about license compatibility? I don't think mozilla's argument against it (difficulty reintegrating forks) is really relevant for eigen.
--eamon@xxxxxxxxxxxx - Tel#:+31-6-15142163
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 13:01, Manuel Yguel <manuel.yguel@xxxxxxxxx>
Sorry for the delay,
(though I was so small a contributor that it should not really matter ;)
> 1. Would you agree to a MPL2 relicensing of the code you've
> contributed to Eigen?
> 2. Would you personally consider such a MPL2 relicensing of Eigen a
> good or a bad thing?
b) Somewhat of a good thing (I just did not answer a) because it is a change that affects every
user: they should read the MPL2, well most of them will not do that,
and for the new user it will be easier than with the old one)
> 3. Which of the following courses of action would you consider the
> best choice for Eigen?
c) Relicense to a liberal license (MIT/BSD).- all the bests and thanks for taking care of such kind of things,