|[eigen] proposal: always mention Bug # in commit messages|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] proposal: always mention Bug # in commit messages
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 17:15:51 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=3Rt93jQ2/EyJCe/jekCLVimDT7V52vAGRLbx1o6y15M=; b=apWUTDFWiZiQNwzmc60u9ZKtwvVGASRVMTVWlBCrZi2DcoEXHcJE7gdjfgY6p0Jvmu we6d0Mowq1K2k9+7JYFlOHMeEqrF96f3A1Ekono69hNiKHMjGU7BVk7JCoRKM9FG3c1o RDKsP0OXc8jEVbVri89GKYujVJMz6SwljLBjo=
I would like to plead for us always including bug numbers in commit
messages, and mentioning that on the 'How to generate a patch' section
on the wiki.
The idea is that bugs usually contain a lot of useful information
about the change made.
Just bug numbers are enough as we're not going to switch bug trackers
often (hopefully never).