|Re: [eigen] 3.0.4 coming soon, testing appreciated|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] 3.0.4 coming soon, testing appreciated
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 13:18:47 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=3Jr/voHVusnZz/DnV9X1IlhqG0aQap6XZ7evI2i/JZk=; b=HJ0D5r9qh7X910XKDQZApUuw8sNM5jjuAVbOWAgkS0t5FGrWmkuax1IJCoT/YbxTli lIBIUUl7v/jYO5XW6dEBgNk7IMVTerw90AYKDWRij7mML0ko9DxRZYxMZZ0seFDgPNYD efo/n1CvDQDNIQ2tlx3YArSHAoQQfKKMYGqAE=
2011/11/22 Jitse Niesen <jitse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2011, Rhys Ulerich wrote:
>> P.S. I know it's stupidly minor, but I can I pester someone to fix the
>> pkg-config-related regression
>> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/bz/show_bug.cgi?id=358 ? Release 3.0.3
>> "fixed" pkg-config for other folks but broke it for me.
> I fixed this, perhaps, hopefully.
> Now I fixed a bug, I deserve the right to point to another bug which I want
> to have fixed for 3.0.4 :) I'd like us to give correct results for the 3x3
> eigenvalue problem; see messages "3x3 symmetric eigenvalues Problem" of 31
> Oct - 2 Nov. I did not follow this carefully, so I might be wrong, but my
> impression is that we give very wrong results in some simple cases because
> we have some special code for the 3-by-3 case. If this proves difficult to
> fix in time, perhaps we can just use the general code?
Seconded: special fast paths are only useful if they're reliable enough.