Re: [eigen] Problems compiling 3.0.2 tests on VS2008

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Schmidt, Michael
<Michael.Schmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, a new release with working test suite would be nice. However, after having fixed the min/max things locally (I can provide a patch if you like)

Actually I already fixed this issue in the 3.0 branch a few days ago.

For the story, I have access to windows images with three different
versions of MSVC but the images are too small to compile all the unit
tests, so it's very tough for me to thoroughly tests MSVC compilers,
whence this mistake in 3.0.2.

> I now face another problem: My Visual Studio 2008 SP1 exits with internal compiler errors for quite some tests when I try to compile them in the "Release|x64" mode, for example the triangular_5 test. Attached to this mail, you can find the output of VS 2008 for this project. Right now, I am trying to compile the full test suite again to see which tests fail. Interestingly, the triangular_5 test fails for all 3.0 releases. Does anybody else encounter such problems? In Debug mode and in 32bit mode, the tests compile fine...

I cannot reproduce the issue, but I'm calling VC from cygwin via
NMake, I don't know if that can make any difference.

gael