Re: [eigen] Eigen "views"

2011/8/16 Jose Luis Blanco <joseluisblancoc@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I would be also quite interesting in this feature, but... shouldn't it
> come at the cost of losing vectorization optimizations?

For sure, this feature would be tricky to vectorize. I'd not worry
about this at first and just do a non-vectorized version. Then, a
vectorized version could be made where the packet() method fetches the
4 (or 2) scalars independently and loads them into a xmm packet, but
it could be that the loss of memory locality when iterating over
packets offsets the benefits of vectorization. This would have to be
benchmarked.