Re: [eigen] SimplicialCholesky - subclass or patch?

providing access to the L factor is of course a welcome addition. On
the other hand I'm not sure about logAbsDeterminant which seems to be
quite specific. If we add it here, for consistency we should have it
for all other decompositions...  But I have a more powerful plan: add
a diagonal view of a sparse matrix. It will be a dense expression on
which you can perform any computation you like. For a triangular
matrix, the diagonal entries can be addressed in constant time. Here
is an example:

det = llt.matrixL().diagonal().prod();

llt.matrixL().diagonal().array().abs().log().sum()

etc.

(this has yet to be implemented!)

gael