[eigen] Re: 2.0.16 and 3.0.1 for the end of the week.

Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@...> writes:

> the last 2.0 release (2.0.15) is about ten months old with a couple of
> fixes in the pipe. The last 3.0 release is younger (2 months) but
> still many minor fixes have been committed so far.
>
> Therefore, I suggest we release new versions of both branches on Friday.
>
> As usual, results of the unit tests on various platform would be very
> appreciated. (http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Tests)

I am happy to report complete success for both branches using:
- gcc 4.5 on 32-bits Linux with SSE2
- Visual Studio 2010 Express on Windows 7

I quite like the idea to keep track of what we want in the next release. We
already use bugzilla to list the things we want to have in Eigen 3.1:

   http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/bz/showdependencytree.cgi?id=55&hide_resolved=1

We can do the same with 3.0.2. In fact, I just added a bug tracking 3.0.2 and
made Adolfo's SVD prealloc bug block it.

Cheers,
Jitse