|[eigen] 3.0-beta3 released!|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] 3.0-beta3 released!
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 19:30:52 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=qC7qphoNFeumoYTTWSqGJvrl27F0bSEhj5qtkROF5Q8=; b=wv/TaPau/BEZfZ2zuY7FnbZdluF/1/oT5AgunV2y2yyz6WUmi3Iqu2Hzju1y/QrcA1 rRkSwJC7dqUIsgGDOi0xA8r0g3c5Xc6ZHblJbOyQB/PBisJGqpePocuKn96BqVnLB/9u VMpNJwzfnSJslF/eF6UggbbMayAQswMlpYAL8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=irTOvwYS+Ua7IwCnv4zLbTZhoOcNyF7YVxnjWQUde+lYMAC63d9kOq3to+Jy/SH/3L A1+r3PD1XoYSIktdOLgsWdr3BVzJmnfuq8gIhikqJcRxFeRyhsOFDPUpa4pL05MSmqL/ K8e+BDFjQn06ZyGxAO9pXj5L63H1503MCyP3Y=
Eigen 3.0-beta3 is released.
A ChangeLog is available at:
This email only goes a few important bullet points.
* Testing always welcome: http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Tests
* The API should now be 100% stable
* The migration path from Eigen 2 is ready and documented:
* The final 3.0 release should follow very soon now.
*** Caveat ***
We have unresolved strict-aliasing-related issues with GCC 4.3. See bug 89:
Also, we still have one test failure with MSVC 2010 64bit, which is a
MSVC compiler bug that still needs to get a work-around:
*** Celebration ***
If you've followed the development, you know that this milestone marks
when we're virtually ready for the 3.0 release. In particular, test
coverage dramatically expanded since beta2, with the BLAS test suite
fully passing, the LAPACK tests, the Eigen2 test suite passing against
the newly expanded Eigen2 compatibility mode, and the new failtests.
All of that allowed to fix many bugs --- and keep them away forever.
For the past two weeks, we've been primarily fighting compiler issues,
mostly MSVC bugs. We've very close now to releasing 3.0 final knowing
that it's an entirely safe upgrade for all users.