|[eigen] Multi Dimensional Arrays|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [eigen] Multi Dimensional Arrays
- From: Andy Somogyi <andy.somogyi@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 20:13:04 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:content-type:mime-version:subject:from :in-reply-to:date:content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to :x-mailer; bh=XIsu/cev94NLGjx+TkHL2OAxpoai0RQlIpq94KEXElw=; b=nc5R3ocac8WwOYMREo0Noi7wpyan5S8f7JVCJ7b2ghsceKOnQO5/5AZdZ2j23GitAg tham8G6LLXPxurN1UwscYUJAQKfb/EsWXrjwaXL49GZexdpcM7T3hJI3/+gaKWuXDDhu xgKtN3ACDc9CrvhdFvqjh3HGaU+67mqEMUTK0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to:x-mailer; b=EltJasDyd+jomlytapf0icgDrDu/GcqyQ/PgkklE/j9Uo2cGZXJoVs1LWEM593IGJu +Lh5y7k5aK701HNGpfYwc95Wcm+PxfcJliKRaXAhT5bjqepRaYQPXPglOVPR1AVSQr37 FuukG4V211Pyn6lD6SKi6BvT4fh5Q127eZ2Jo=
I know this has been discussed on and off.
From what I understand, the only way to handle multi dimensional arrays with Eigen is something along the lines of
Array<Array<double,Dynamic,Dynamic> ,Dynamic, Dynamic> ...
This is really far from ideal as it really is an array of arrays (separate memory blocks). Has there been any talk of merging in some multi dimensional support to Array, say from the now defunct blitz++ code, or adding it a new?
I really really really just want to use A SINGLE LIBRARY, and have to rely on Eigen for linear algebra, and boost multi-array or blitz++ for multi-dimensional arrays. What would be nice is to have a multi-dim array, be able to grab a dimension or sub-array out of it, and use it directly as an Eigen Array / Matrix.