|Re: [eigen] Using Eigen on SGI Altix uv 100|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Using Eigen on SGI Altix uv 100
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 15:33:09 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=pQ32mb2rN11EF0HoXj8hSQb56GVwhHFWqCxij3P9/aQ=; b=pRbKoLL/DVhZf+sMH8dDdaxZ0WC4LyNBW4tcamKQzWxbRI3jyeJqVMkjZVeOE9iyEL HnObmJpFbl0G7X6llqdnwt/wfaNvS7k7htsPTyh1cKGmh1C6lGlH+E/pPpE0Ke0D4aVN XGVBIHISKO9wNmhaW+gwsshJm+pawECormdcI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=lq5ox59FgIOMdF8HDh6YenXkH4WE/eCoikGrikLuAQg6UbohVBuhmefSXIdw8ZgbLG xhcQZI6xXNCJhSrvmCnzspY00owyXXpUcbDxWLfBLpZ7yPoGeRfarjE2glmG9wRHtnHQ 6EjE+UNuJCVH6XkFVFL06GAVF4R3NT/HEO9F0=
2010/12/13 Sreekumar Thaithara <tbs1980@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi all,
> I am using eigen on SGI Altix UV 100.
> My operations are very simple. I have a vector "v" with a dimensionality of
> 1e6. I have to perform the operation
> where K is a scalar constant. I may have to do this operation 1e5 times.
> Are there any special flags that I should use to improve the performance.
> For example, is it possible to increase speed by using openMP?
Sorry for the late reply!
Make sure that SSE2 is enabled (it's on by default on x86-64).
Eigen doesn't currently parallelize this kind of "BLAS level 1"
operation, although it does parallelize more complex level 3
operations (matrix-matrix products etc) when OpenMP is enabled; but it
is very easy for you to do the parallelization on your end, for such a
> Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.