[eigen] compiler error C2516 for EIGEN_WORKAROUND_MSVC_STL_SUPPORT in details.h

I'm trying to port some code (http://www.ros.org/wiki/pcl) from Linux to Windows (Win7 x64 with Visual Studio 2010, compiling for 32-bit). This works fine except for a compiler error I get in Eigen/src/StlSupport/details.h in line 71:

error C2516: 'T' is not a legal base class

which occurs for the vector:

std::vector<float, Eigen::aligned_allocator<float> > values;

According to the comments in this file this piece of code is specially written for Visual Studio. Since the code works fine in Linux there might be something wrong with this VS-specific code. I also tested it with Visual Studio 2008 and it gives the same error.

I would be happy about any suggestions.

Thanks,
Stefan