Re: [eigen] No vectorization in presence of .cast<T>() calls

Tough case.

Casting from unsigned char to float is expanding 1 byte to 4 bytes,
which means going from 16 to 4 scalars per 16-byte packet. This change
in the number of scalars per packet is what's troublesome for our
vectorization system.

In general, that's quite hard, but it seems that we can easily
overcome this in you particular case. Since you're only casting from a
small type to a bigger type, the expression returned by cast() could
be vectorizable by implementing packet() by reading LESS THAN a packet
from the original uchar expression, and expanding it to float.

something like this (pseudo code):

packet4f cast<float>(Index i)
{
   return packet4f(float(src.coeff(i)), float(src.coeff(i+1)),
float(src.coeff(i+2)), float(src.coeff(i+3)));
}

This is only going to be beneficial if this is used in a complex
enough expression to pay for the cost of this packet() method. We must
make sure not to introduce a performance regression on a simple
dst=src.cast<float>() example.

Benoit