Re: [eigen] Solving a tridiagonal linear system

2010/11/26 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> yes I've also been thinking about making the Tridiagonalization and
>>> HessenbergDecomposition classes internal but their current public API
>>> is consistent with the rest of Eigen, and the internal storage is
>>> LAPACK compatible.
>>
>> Since Tridiagonalization inherits publicly BandMatrix, if we don't
>> make Tridiagonalization internal, then in effect we're not making
>> BandMatrix's API internal at all. So I still think that we should make
>> Tridiagonalization internal.
>

> Actually Tridiagonalization has nothing to do with BandMatrix or
> TridiagonalMatrix.

Sorry, I misread your mail, mixed up TridiagonalMatrix and Tridiagonalization.

I meant: make TridiagonalMatrix internal.

> Internally the Tridiagonalization class stores a
> dense matrix plus a vector of householder reflector coefficients.

I know :) sorry for the confusion.

And so, I don't have any point about "Hessenberg". I was thinking
about a special HessenbergMatrix class, but we don't have any.

Sorry,
Benoit