|Re: [eigen] Static asserts in Eigen3 beta1/beta2|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Static asserts in Eigen3 beta1/beta2
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 15:48:59 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=Zq8YQBKdyGAHYDoL0LE3k4vI5IjFVKQscVEPUA1GEDM=; b=jF9yatMDgb3hUYC5OcFn/6frwa3fAtBz3szFqpzuQXaq9sR1bBVC2OmLStbCjobyyL UqfHKecWNxPMzhGf62MpTAE+CNDq2KJ0+U1QF7gDKKmRPdRgooZuXNNIG4D9z1120LO0 u81s2SQPIgxsiiNuF8nvmwyJzPWI6sY3GccLg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=E0SQOpjKt0j0alfLfMtJT8VUPXARX8sbtvAYhKS0IGoBNapuaDa45u9LaV3XGhZu8v NP948kmO4A+pwxQ8tYFv4C6Dqtqb5te4A/vP9O1BWtH4vqJlhgI2s5qw411Vijf5vmgF L5lUplrLlaodN6L4wevMjtFfhMyunMPUdZ5RU=
This looks like a severe regression, I wasn't aware of it. Thanks for
The best next thing to do is to bisect.
2010/11/19 hauke strasdat <strasdat@xxxxxxxxx>:
> HI Carlos,
> Thanks for your fast answer! However, I fear you got me wrong. I am
> aware that I pass a 6-Vector into a function which expects a 5-Vector.
> Using beta1, I get a compiler error/static assert, which is what I
> expect and I want!
> However, the problem is - when using beta2 - I don't get a static
> assert. The program only crashes during run-time.
> My question is: How can I tell beta2 to trigger static asserts as beta1 did?
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Carlos Becker <carlosbecker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi. The problem is that your function test_v5 takes as its argument a 5x1
>> double matrix, and you are trying to pass it a 6x1 double matrix. So the
>> message from Eigen makes sense. If you replace Eigen::Matrix<double,5,1>
>> by Eigen::Matrix<double,6,1> in the definition of test_v5 then it will work.
>> The problem with this approach is that test_v5 will only work with 6x1
>> double matrices. If you want to make it more general you can read
>> here http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox-devel/TopicFunctionTakingEigenTypes.html
>> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM, hauke strasdat <strasdat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I fear this must be a known issue. However, I couldn't find any
>>> information about it.
>>> Let's look at the following minimal program.
>>> #include <Eigen/Core>
>>> void test_v5(const Eigen::Matrix<double,5,1> & v)
>>> int main()
>>> Eigen::Matrix<double,6,1> v6;
>>> Compiled against Eigen3 beta1, it leads to a compiler error/static
>>> assert: YOU_MIXED_MATRICES_OF_DIFFERENT_SIZES.
>>> This is the desired behavior, right?
>>> Compiling the same program against Eigen3 beta2, however, leads to no
>>> compiler error! Only at run-time it triggers a assertion.
>>> Is there any way to turn the static assertions back on in Eigen3 beta2?
>>> I am using Ubuntu 10.04 Amd64, with gcc 4.4.
>>> Thanks a lot,