|Re: [eigen] eigen3 SelfAdjointEigenSolver<Matrix3f> still "buggy"|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] eigen3 SelfAdjointEigenSolver<Matrix3f> still "buggy"
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 13:07:46 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:received:in-reply-to :references:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=yl4P6yVJ3HC1Vm5uAsLK/0FVm/vhQMrKMt5+/gz7Pes=; b=YgTpR3cS9UebDoiDr6hTCCqrOfHIa/FZByZHDGOG1OZFg4cG7ANQm3vViz4J2zsy4f TMBRqjDfIYNcZvfxYIqGVnZIMB396mZ8RuMn6EM5L/PufZqouF6EEGWClNPNobUAmOVH 44lziKBYddQgjoq893HBHAs86OYbF1lXgmKE8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; b=mIWvvlY12KMx9R4pJA7iArwBtCufcCGQpw6MOMZeqjnYoKXrwg2Qfd3/We09zdtCDG fU2xY4jbR3UfYubyY6rK3bhMHMx9iB32Yuj65tRLiWNuV0JiGJeq30H0Sc2PH08kSiMl lALY57Ao85Mkh0i/SWmdD46DnR+4a2LOUueQA=
On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 8:24 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2010/8/31 Radu Bogdan Rusu <rusu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> This might be good enough for us :) I wonder what numerical issues were you
>> referring to. All in all, this would be a great addition to Eigen3! If you
>> add it as a template specialization it might be difficult for someone else
>> to avoid using it. I vote for a special class.
> I agree, a special class makes the most sense.
I don't know. As you suggest we could add a
DirectSelfadjointEigenSolver class which would work only for 2x2 and
3x3 (well, and 1x1) matrices. But then what if I want to write generic
code which uses the fast direct solvers when possible? I would have to
write my own wrapper...