Re: [eigen] legal question

You do well to ask: indeed, we forgot to pick a free license for our
documentation. We need to do that for a variety of reasons. Debian
among others is distributing our documentation:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/doc/libeigen2-doc

There are 2 mainstream licenses that would make sense for us:
 - GNU FDL
 - CC BY-SA

This page is a good read on this topic:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Free_Documentation_License

My feeling is that we're a little better off with the slightly simpler
CC license. It seems simpler because (AFAIK) it just doesn't have
provisions of Cover Text / Invariant Sections. It's also nice that CC
licenses like CC BY-SA make it clear in their very name what they are
doing. No strong opinion though.

Our wiki has defaulted to the FDL 1.2 but since there are few
copyright holders, it should be easy enough to relicense. We must have
compatible licenses for the wiki and docs, to allow moving content
between them.

OK for CC BY-SA ?

Benoit