Re: [eigen] Documentation : it's a sprint!!

Yes, sounds much better, I forgot about squaredNorm(). Regarding ::Index, I thought that maybe there was something like Eigen::Index, but I guess there is not.

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Carlos Becker <carlosbecker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, finally back to the reductions/visitors tutorial. I was thinking of
> including a nice example in the end, using broadcasting and partial
> reductions to find the nearest neighbour of a vector between all the columns
> in a given matrix, with something like:
> VectorXf v;
> MatrixXf m;
> int index;
> (m.colwise() - v).array().square().colwise().sum().minCoeff(&index);

why not, but here is a simpler version:

MatrixXf::Index index;
(m.colwise() - v).colwise().squaredNorm().minCoeff(&index)

note that you have to use MatrixXf::Index instead of int.

gael.