[eigen] RowsAtCompileTime vs MaxRowsAtCompileTime

hi Eigen developers,

  Another question about the design of Eigen3.

  I notice that no checks are performed in ei_matrix_storage<> in the resize
member functions, to see if the rows requested exceeds MaxRowsAtCompileTime
if the latter is finite (specified when instantiating the template). Likewise
for columns. So, is the max-value only for memory allocation purposes with
the programmer being responsible for preventing out-of-bounds access? I am
just a little surprised to see no static assertion to check for this error.

thanks,
Manoj