|[eigen] RowsAtCompileTime vs MaxRowsAtCompileTime|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [eigen] RowsAtCompileTime vs MaxRowsAtCompileTime
- From: Manoj Rajagopalan <rmanoj@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:46:33 -0400
- Organization: EECS Dept., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
hi Eigen developers,
Another question about the design of Eigen3.
I notice that no checks are performed in ei_matrix_storage<> in the resize
member functions, to see if the rows requested exceeds MaxRowsAtCompileTime
if the latter is finite (specified when instantiating the template). Likewise
for columns. So, is the max-value only for memory allocation purposes with
the programmer being responsible for preventing out-of-bounds access? I am
just a little surprised to see no static assertion to check for this error.