|Re: [eigen] can't reproduce gcc 4.3.4 errors|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] can't reproduce gcc 4.3.4 errors
- From: Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:29:24 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=JtXg52eXnA5AYmyDxp1bP/JZoQ6bn3J+Abaq3WY/Gn0=; b=wgr1aHO7Ws58u1nTQv+s0ZQDUOdXjJ+RRWHFS0Rs2tDeZvbnMFcCc9sMhzs4mlQvav IpJu3ZLnPPi309m4heW/KJ8t49AEdvfIfeRIh8tyyIIm7R2Q1wR0vaAuTvP0Iqb8qvWc x3HZ7xaj80aayO9O/zRUWXQmFt/F7mcZTrMpI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=jFYePN055Npa+U0X5uyiijb+bJ0Psp3+JcxFWucDPKmnrP+XtFq6q7Ic1irYC5WKNg ANWiVH0NEpJkXu7eI59hV+ghhWJj27KlfSXXkqnu9VkuwchJq3fVHSyPCmoeE3rbuFEF DsrP/2rnOZVuN4LqsgeRdZpysGbcpDFJ+Ill0=
Ok, I can try to run the complete tests too. Here are also the flags I
used to run (so far just a few of) the failing tests.
CXX_VERSION: c++-4 (GCC) 4.3.4 20090804 (release) 1
CXX_FLAGS: -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -ansi -Wundef
-Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith
ecurity -fexceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -fstrict-aliasing
-Wno-variadic-macros -Wextra -pedantic
On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Gael Guennebaud
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Hauke Heibel
> <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:15 PM, Gael Guennebaud
>> <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I believe there is a bug in gcc, here is the related bug report:
>>> but no fix yet.
>> That means we can get rid of the errors by disabling -fprofile-arcs?
> A while ago, such errors appeared only with -fprofile-arcs, i.e.,
> when coverage testing was enabled. But now, even without
> -fprofile-arcs we hit these weird errors. After some investigations, I
> found that disabling the guess-branch-probability optimization that is
> automatically enabled with -O2 solved a couple of errors:
> -O2 -fno-guess-branch-probability
> Actually, guess-branch-probability and -fprofile-arcs seems to be
> quite related. I've updated the bug report with that respect, but news
> so far.
> I'm currently compiling with -O2 -fno-guess-branch-probability to see
> if there remain other errors....
>> - Hauke