Re: [eigen] 3 dimensional arrays

2010/6/29 Mani chandra <mchandra@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>  Can one use Eigen to perform operations similar to Blitz++ on
> multidimensional arrays?

Not currently. Eigen is definitely focused on the cases of 1D
(vectors) and 2D (matrices).

However, as Hauke mentions (but his example is inside out :) ), we
support using Array as Scalar type, e.g.

    Matrix<ArrayXd, Dynamic, Dynamic>

will give you a 3D data structure. Currently this isn't well
optimized, and we don't offer a tensor API, but both issues can be
overcome (the speed issue hopefully by the time 3.0 or 3.1 is
released, the tensor API would be a nice extension module).

Benoit