|Re: [eigen] 3 dimensional arrays|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] 3 dimensional arrays
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 07:10:24 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=yx/8OZqyIPmRMIuc0VtqiYGTA9BU4noFpeCmrlQKM8c=; b=uEHzsH6GPr2maxlfndlPqEjmAxYCPTwsof7xsX5tJfg5QjM2t1/1y+fmCTBqfBH1+X HFzG4rCuPHe0c01P7nzj/Yf8LojhH7HGG0VTK3hFJHomc/L49Wrhhk97TNhYpCZk04Sw BVV49SrwgkRrTpfaos3XnhOxZ95fw2HJsncJ0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=i5Esud1H94e9i/WsgKU7HqzuSwya109iD16uFY5L1HNwt5BcCKohwkgDZkd4cbZKPO kFR8nOkvFXA7w7ABrZQgVbciUq8i5dE47MwdZ6bvXtz0APjswduJGLNGHqbM7amyNQGG 1jRv1PD66213FcKjqq9afX5IBDO0PIjU1zuT0=
2010/6/29 Mani chandra <mchandra@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Can one use Eigen to perform operations similar to Blitz++ on
> multidimensional arrays?
Not currently. Eigen is definitely focused on the cases of 1D
(vectors) and 2D (matrices).
However, as Hauke mentions (but his example is inside out :) ), we
support using Array as Scalar type, e.g.
Matrix<ArrayXd, Dynamic, Dynamic>
will give you a 3D data structure. Currently this isn't well
optimized, and we don't offer a tensor API, but both issues can be
overcome (the speed issue hopefully by the time 3.0 or 3.1 is
released, the tensor API would be a nice extension module).
> On 06/29/2010 01:12 PM, Hauke Heibel wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Mani chandra<mchandra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Any plans to support multi-dimensional arrays in Eigen in the future?
>> Only to some extend. It is unlikely that you'll ever be seeing
>> constructors like
>> ArrayXXXd m(rows,cols,slices)
>> but we plan to support (maybe that is already partially working in the
>> development branch) so called "arrays of structures", i.e.
>> Array<VectorXd, Rows, Cols>
>> Our core devs, Benoit& Gael know more.
>> - Hauke