|Re: [eigen] Sparse Matrices in Eigen|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Sparse Matrices in Eigen
- From: Daniel Lowengrub <lowdanie@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 00:36:32 +0300
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=+7jBLMjpFsROFuWT3i7pAv7u85t+uyFgguKYXxNshs0=; b=jLqfi2C70O7WCx/UbGMrf0qDuJLqSDx8hhFhjfZaG0FN0w0XqYvGoZb5RFylqih1RL 07jb8wPU7DFa6XlUyTnY3tRBEWos/1dn+QJc3hBOV6thbUVQ/oZWzFoFrB/byVD+avdZ c2xs5zQ5w2qQSx2zBpzj71g/g34YdHib56XO4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=qcjWwDL8RdHSph3UyLiwaWDAY0R2oI+TmZ5az7ug10vS0ILI8mL49vvmzpVMH6aXm0 su08wIywAXIGAaOI0yWHUUmCyyvBmVusr0Z8x+JVcDJSTXm7U/3ldB+RZaCikwpcTEGY NChjl4Dno1ss/9tPAaG7GliWKmxC1Gkg1rGjo=
>>> > 3. Iterative Methods
>>> > A library of sparse iterative solvers built on top of the sparse matrix
>>> > support. This may or may not be part of Eigen proper. A very useful
>>> > thing to
>>> > have here are implementations of a variety of basic preconditioning
>>> > schemes.
>>> > Not just for square/symmetric systems but also for rectangular systems
>>> > and
>>> > non-symmetric systems.
>>> This is definitely a must to have, and this is also a good way to test
>>> the basic API is fine. Recently, Daniel Lowengrub kindly proposed his
>>> help to improve the Sparse module, and I oriented him to this
>>> particular task.
>> Is there a plan for what you/Daniel plan to do on this front?
> Nothing precise yet. I guess that when Daniel will be ready to start
> he will start a discussion on this list. Of course, that not mean you
> have to censure yourself during the meantime ;)
The first thing I planned on implementing in this regard is a
conjugate gradient solver. After that I'll probably implement some
preconditioners like SOR. Did you have anything else in mind?
Right now I'm pretty busy so I'll only be able to start in a few weeks.