Re: [eigen] stable norm

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

There is a glitch in stable norm. I think these two lines should be removed

 VERIFY(!isFinite( ei_abs(big)/RealScalar(0)));
 VERIFY(!isFinite(-ei_abs(big)/RealScalar(0)));

The test seems useless since any number divided by zero will yield Inf
and thus the test is always true.

Is that right, or am I overseeing someting?

yes, the goal of these lines was simply to test the function isFinite itself, not the fact that x/0 returns Inf.

So I still think it is nice to keep them.

gael

- Hauke