|Re: [eigen] stablenorm test patch|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] stablenorm test patch
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 21:14:18 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=eQT1PeCOS65jkeg/Mq+2Qzu4Islh4ETElx8WKB4KyH8=; b=QSaYR6P9J+ky7WsOWc2UO4SBfALBRg45VI2nx305UBEl8CkISgMi/Qbanj8ebXLz8Q XB/L3Ep/ytpMqrepxSHApXjbVnHOHm04UeRRMxQ4s+IgngNIcFb8ThnJR26t+Ml5cx6l 78h9A9VCY1aSIZcvuMV3C2i6N52vBYLh0H0fM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=dzMir1I2xGQQTxvt56TvPjbAwuddFbcNAGinTHcfU0q1UuHJwYQNA/cwiq/OG+4cEC EQlVZy69u229+nu+oTDeEuuP1eZkldJPPcbNZwSaRf1D670aDSzyYi85HihIMAU4DJnb 1yR8kzdouvZgDWjQgSWroMxw20556P4ecGsMI=
I don't really know exactly why Carlos is having this issue and not
me, but looking at these tests, it's really plausible that they would
give hard-to-reproduce failures: a clever enough compiler, or just
pure chance resulting in a simplification in the compiled code, could
easily result in the overflow/underflow not happening.
2010/4/25 Carlos Becker <carlosbecker@xxxxxxxxx>:
> This fixes an error when running the stablenorm tests.
> When talking with Benoit, he didn't have that problem, but it happened on my
> computer ( gcc (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu9) 4.4.1, Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 with no
> SSE optimizations ).
> The diff file is self-explanatory.