From: Listengine [mailto:listengine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Márton Danóczy
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 10:32
To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [eigen] SelfAjointView::ldlt()

I don't know about the eigen part, but in case your data are available in advance, you could gain speed and numerical accuracy by using the qr decomposition instead. If A=QR then A'A=R'Q'QR=R'R, thus R is the upper triangular cholesky factor of A'A. Just stack your values as row vectors vertically into A.

HTH,

Marton