Re: [eigen] Malloc-free dynamic matrices

2010/3/4 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
> on the other hand, if manage_cache_size is a template (e.g., to have one per
> scalar type) then that does not work across multiple object files.

If this is really a problem then this is an argument in favor of
offering a bytes-based API for setting cache sizes, and computing the
actual matrix block sizes at runtime.

If the main argument against that was the cost of calling sqrt() then
here's a quick remark: for integers, a rough estimate of sqrt is very
quick to compute, once you know the number of bits N you just take x
>> (N/2)... something based on that might be accurate enough and very
fast... but it's not even clear to me at all that the cost of sqrt is
a problem.

Benoit