|Re: [eigen] Google Summer of Code|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Google Summer of Code
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 12:45:21 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=GL/e1qGSrZlVRqC1AC2D/bzfaUBclSiB3U/DexQoxYA=; b=dM2WjTD7vJM3/kobP9r9rWhHXAbBt8ZpbXyGdFRNadlQXJcmQqvGGneooYFNk9MIO6 XS2AwLZ4bZeY7kX4saLc6D0NSX3bszYCjfuC3PdVZufEzcRWqRY28dhuJ8x+XYIIM7F9 EEuYBHCp38qUClNQ6nCUOH2XR2JfpLg4+3yr0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=xK2UiEqEQoRed66mvf2b9W27SlqWSF2nPQ78n1dwgdWaKvVFz0+h6udsT1wYaoAxQU zoDisSd9mn2AQJIUS57YIukq6lfaOh+G9fo85Esq0nJ2moRSACr4XqaJ6QlugKx0B79x HtXfnfe8tpEmnLZWTMt5iZrvqXxRZhQ85Frog=
ok, apparently we had until March 8, this monday... but i dont have
time to prepare the paperwork and I won't have time to mentor
anyone... and I believe that Gael and Hauke are busy too. It's not
necessarily a big problem though: we already have a very healthy flow
of new contributors. Our real challenge is to turn new contributors
into long term core contributors, but GSOC doesn't help with that.
I've been a mentor in the past for a successful student who became a
core contributor to the project in question (not Eigen) and I've
always thought that the GSOC didn't make a huge difference since this
guy was so motivated that he'd done that anyway.
2010/3/3 Stephen McCracken <stevemcc@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Apparently there is no need to register separately: you just need to submit an application by March 12. See the links below for more details:
> Mentoring Organizations FAQs (http://j.mp/9bvQuv)
> Notes on Organizations Selection Criteria (http://j.mp/ajfEU2)
> AdviceForMentors Wiki (http://j.mp/bdsU6r)
> On Mar 3, 2010, at 8:38 PM, Benoit Jacob wrote:
>> We haven't even registered _as_ a mentoring organization :) Perhaps next year.
>> 2010/3/3 Stephen McCracken <stevemcc@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Hello Eigen folks,
>>> Does the Eigen project plan to offer any Google Summer of Code projects this year? Google will be accepting applications from "mentoring organizations" during March 8-12 (see http://socghop.appspot.com/).