|Re: [eigen] exception specifications...|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] exception specifications...
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 12:09:03 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=2RaUmH+xjtHDUd08rWtt+GT/KFwXgviLQBX2Hlo2wjM=; b=mRwm1ddGSs+0CJFypkNYOs2SfkLppvHG2tjjyPzv7z21NNzP3mJDhi7BAkZA0EOn8a HR8JZGbQ4PIk86xUEPgSqKJWojvBpOZrw5jZaIxFexER+Qu+4eurHRqJIWMhwLPyQvOm mft2UjITP9MLtPnXJy9Fq6d2OPocMPuu70BTs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=AEMPFKwJdD7qJ+ckBK/+9TlvLK8PmSWZLNbIPcZvw/cJT9+G+muG9vB5E4MMZBmqjd manZm4OiLFALCbs41MAUNvwN5KZIywtG9xUbOz2fczEEigyj+NpGYdQSmngO1gDLDYXW X/zzRTS3mVgrsunV9Xm35en+/BNqZ3JupMVgs=
2010/3/14 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> After reading that the C++ committee decided to deprecate exception
> specs and after reading
> a) http://www.gotw.ca/publications/mill22.htm
> b) http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html#Exception-specification
> I thought it might be a good idea to remove the throw() declarations
> we are still having in our code. As a matter of fact, I belong to one
> of the users who assumed compiler optimizations given these
> declarations but "trial and error" has already taught me that this
> assumption was not quite correct.
I'm totally incompetent here. Are you saying that this throw() is only
> Any objections about removing those declarations?
I hope that someone more competent than me on throw() can comment!
Thanks for the links anyway, that taught me a lot...
> - Hauke