Re: [eigen] resizing in ReturnByValue assignment

2010/3/8 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Resize should be almost like a nullary op when the destination object
> already has correct size - if it is not, this is a bug. The advantage
> of having the assignment operator doing the resizing is that you
> cannot forget about it when implementing ReturnByValue since you
> simply don't need to take care of it.
>
> Regarding the confusion about rows()/cols() you have to think of
> ReturnByValue as your actual result and thus this object should also
> be reflecting your result's properties as e.g. rows() and cols().

exactly... think for example of the case where you are using your
returnByValue object in some expression that wants to evaluate it as a
temporary (as is automatic when nesting ReturnByValue into a bigger
expression)... then it needs to know the dimensions of the temporary
matrix to create!

Benoit