|Re: [eigen] [patch] LDLt decomposition with rank-deficient matrices|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] [patch] LDLt decomposition with rank-deficient matrices
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 00:38:29 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=xrgowNRx4aGpYvM0pfUMMPn+skdIW3mQQMz8lY+0MXw=; b=gs3/PftYEinlxVzDawY4H9O8DInzftlSH/izVvQ2AO/IPrmKtpyJuk8UfpUdQjwU0B s7V3AHHJ/TWf2OnIxR1n3aG60jrbZkrjavdJqTxiTLWaKORXNkpq8v2Y3WgZdQStrCsO IXcqs3heectMrcEmseT/UsFvt+fQYgwLFGHQo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=yHOAwhH06xFSlI2qKLyEdz1ebbFQHuVaWeaizCpOBTon9Nt6AB/L63XsqIXD01X7al 5WPwi8TO2BmqH08tYhz6Tc/qG6vRhmxcV75/FxhRNRUSTu31eoDeWn/XFFgD71hPJSCF F7Pmjt+Os8tsxYX1dxTiwKxVBY/UVcxkfDH/s=
2010/2/28 Ben Goodrich <bgokgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Ben Goodrich <bgokgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> So, it sounds like I just need to try to implement it every way that I
>> can think of and see how well / fast they work out.
> Okay, how about we add a pivot option to the LDLt? It would be true by
> default but the user could set it to false to get the LDLt without
> pivoting from eigen2 (but updated to the eigen3 API). Strong opinions
> either way? I've got a preliminary version of that up and running now
> that I am starting to test.
Yup, if all you need is an option to disable pivoting, that sounds
reasonable. No strong opinion against it.
I'd still like to clearly understand the use --- i'll reply to your other email.
> P.S. The default branch doesn't compile at the moment with anything
> that #includes "eigen/Eigen/Eigen"
oops, my bad. The temporary fix is to include <iostream> before.
> g++ -O2 compile_error.cc -o compile_error.o
> In file included from eigen/Eigen/Eigenvalues:42,
> from eigen/Eigen/QR:67,
> from eigen/Eigen/Dense:4,
> from eigen/Eigen/Eigen:1,
> from compile_error.cc:1:
> eigen/Eigen/src/Eigenvalues/ComplexSchur.h: In member function ‘void
> Eigen::ComplexSchur<_MatrixType>::compute(const _MatrixType&, bool)’:
> eigen/Eigen/src/Eigenvalues/ComplexSchur.h:194: error: ‘cerr’ is not a
> member of ‘std’
> In file included from eigen/Eigen/Sparse:95,
> from eigen/Eigen/Eigen:2,
> from compile_error.cc:1:
> eigen/Eigen/src/Sparse/DynamicSparseMatrix.h: In member function ‘void
> Eigen::DynamicSparseMatrix<_Scalar, _Flags>::resizeAndKeepData(int,
> eigen/Eigen/src/Sparse/DynamicSparseMatrix.h:239: error: ‘cerr’ is not
> a member of ‘std’