[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] iostream
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 19:21:01 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=Mq8xPPLCGmsnsq2lF3KHG/jIhacayj5/57PsAUuErVI=; b=jasGKB7ZwgQ9SOZL+ZhYrmx0GQuNnPtje/ygYjhiGYwHkgzH+OWYopyu9ErqbPcaSF TWnxSZyutPWWdXh2HfHmd1tM28a58TkcHlDsbKHKgvnUhSeVzGsIc2iQFF6ryLt82T60 EPhQ6Axqsr1HfBSpqLg8J0qBH/K8iuKDCaSZM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=Pb/8YuS5mmh0pUnkJJ4T90Az2jP2kCPuOd74Gwxm4UtrX+N16XJeRWcPKYeBSRo+HW YKymPPgQKKUck2T4YkllEtuz2xtNigBZBF6xLvIjalx6+LvH41DGkwxwrwURfVw9rpc4 a+qhHqmbsmaLIJS/m4a43RVi+tCTu2CF6eACQ=
ok, so i just implemented Hauke's suggestion.
However in eigen2 support mode (#define EIGEN2_SUPPORT), iostream
still gets included.
2010/2/9 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I guess that the idea is that not all users of Eigen are using
> iostream at all, so those who don't use it shouldn't have to pay a
> significant cost for it.
> 2010/2/9 Markus Moll <markus.moll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Tuesday 09 February 2010 06:09:57 Benoit Jacob wrote:
>>> I just found this:
>>> Maybe we have to give up the convenience of having Eigen including
>> Hm... how does that affect Eigen? Personally, I wouldn't consider the extra
>> amount of work to construct the iostream objects critical for most
>> applications. Furthermore, I do not even see why _not_ including <iostream>
>> would prevent the io objects from being created (it doesn't say that anywhere
>> in the standard, afaik).
>> (There is another issue with <iostream> basically only declaring std::cin and
>> the like in C++98, but this is an acknowledged defect)
>> PGP key on www.esat.kuleuven.be/~mmoll/public_key.pgp
>> Fingerprint is
>> 90C4 B47D 1A00 5AC1 9147 3197 EDA7 1E0E 99E4 9EDB