Re: [eigen] Implementation of M.transpose()*M & M*M.transpose()

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Jinglei Hu <jingleihu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, by trivial I mean one can write something as follows(not using Eigen):

Matrix M_Mult_MT(const Matrix& Rhs) {
  // [m][n] * [n][m] --> [m][m]
  register int N(Rhs.num_rows());
  double v[N][N];
  double** v2d(Rhs);
  for (int i = 0; i < N; ++i) {
    double* vi = &(v[i][0]);
    double* pi = v2d[i];
    for (int j = i; j < N; ++j) {
      double sum = 0.0;
      double* pj = v2d[j];
      for (int k = 0; k < Rhs.num_cols(); ++k)
        sum += pi[k] * pj[k];
      vi[j] = v[j][i] = sum;
  return Matrix(N, N, &(v[0][0]));
}

yes but that would be terribly slow because here you do not take care of the caches, vectorization, etc.

gael