|Re: [eigen] merged the eigen-strides fork|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] merged the eigen-strides fork
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 12:33:11 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=aFIF5fZT8rYP2RyxZiOTc5m7ViuRVSGmIbS0/n4Oq9U=; b=b3TWGJiO7hMYk7zqN5fYX/ISC3lBDxRNisJW2Dqn5lWLtywPatR4EZ77JOuItxQlLD aIByNTArQtjp6esbdnFzw8W4Syr219LHnoPHR0MpC2MqyDLZQYPnTuOdsf96TTx4dBQT uBxt1B+hNHP4ql9KN59alnc1iaoWlz7N63Mzg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=wqYvdYkeKXI61QhKiczFyhEig5HhMLlYrLT0FzUgGYxruMOFtSAveStqiUYTBpEAL3 hF5fd2yLv8l7zgf/E8drulxStRzmOFb+P/5jo6lqT+N8rGjuSFmA58A12jmXrJklChJ4 CWkzQPrRFfwZZOD+lvbWMglDIJmS/ZRhZ2Ndg=
2010/2/27 Rhys Ulerich <rhys.ulerich@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> 3) Map with Stride
>> Map can now map non-contiguous arrays with inner and/or outer stride.
> It'll handle two-strided matrices, sometimes called general storage?
Yes, assuming we're talking about the same thing:
It handles the case where you have simultaneously an inner stride
("increment") and an outer stride ("leading dimension").
There's been discussion as to how useful this was, since LAPACK
doesn't seem to do that, but finally I did it because it was little
Just for my information, can you mention other libraries offering this
kind of "general storage" ?
> - Rhys