Re: [eigen] Re: meeting in February?

After some time passed by, I do have now some ideas of what we might discuss and work on. We might want to

a) ... double check, that we are really getting the nesting straight
b) ... try to find out whether and where the code base offers simplification
c) ... discuss ei_traits vs. class typedefs and ei_traits unification
d) ... potentials for adapting the physical design (which code parts should be located in which header?, do we need new header files?, etc.)

For me, the discussion of a) is desirable, since it is affecting the library all over.

With the discussion of b) I hope to improve the general maintenance time which is beneficial for the developers already working with the Eigen core and beneficial when it comes to attracting new core developers.

The point c) ... well, it's related to a) and b). Unifying the access to class properties (traits) has the chance of improving readability and navigability.

And finally, d) is again related to readability and maintainability. It's ugly spade-work but might help.

Any comments on these proposals?

And yes, I am aware that they are not necessarily required to quickly get  to 3.0 but somehow I think they are still of interest.

Cheers,
Hauke