Re: [eigen] Areas of eigen3 variation and using eigen2/3 in generic code?

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, there would be few changes.
The basic linear algebra operations syntax doesn't change. The thing
closest to this that will change, is coefficient-wise operations with
cwise().

Greats.  Any hints  on how to best future proof cwise()?

Another question I couldn't immediately figure out from the docs/source.  Is the vector a (roughly)  STD compliant container?  Or any way to return a random access iterator for begin() and end() that I could use with std::transform, etc?  The "start" and "end" seem different than normal iterators

Also: is there a good reference file in the source that captures a lot of the traits I might use for metaprogramming?

> 3. I am interested in writing a lot of routines that would have the option
> of using the boost numeric bindings traits
> (see https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/numeric_bindings/boost/numeric/bindings/traits/ and http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/ublas/2009/11/3854.php ).I haven't heard of that, but at first glance, this seems perfectly possible.

At some point I will check in the the numeric bindings guys and see if they have done anything will eigen.  I will report back to this list conditional on success.

Thanks for such a prompt response

-Jesse