Re: [eigen] Problem extending MatrixBase

Le 17 janvier 2010 05:46, Raphaël Poncet <raphael.poncet@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> Hello list,
>
> I'm running into problems while trying to extending MatrixBase as explained
> in the wiki:
> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox/CustomizingEigen.html#ExtendingMatrixBase
>
> I copied/pasted MatrixBaseAddons.h in my working directory. This code
> doesn't compile
> (with g++-4.4 or g++-4.3, using Eigen 2.0.5, the version packaged in my
> Ubuntu distro) :
[snip]

> However, If i comment out the last 2 declarations in MatrixBaseAddons.h (the
> ones with operator+),
> it does compile. What am I doing wrong ?

Nothing it seems, I am really puzzled. I fixed an error in our
example, there was a missing semicolon, but that wasn't it. I don't
understand what ConstantReturnType has to do with it.

> P.S. Btw, I want to extend MatrixBase because I'm only using Array
> capabilities in Eigen
> in my code atm, and want to get rid of all the cwise()

Then why don't you give the development branch a try. It has a Array
class where all operations are implicitly cwise.