[eigen] CMake - I think I'm still doing it wrong

Hi Everybody,

In the process of writing this email, I tried 'make test', which fails
because it doesn't try to build the tests first, then 'make check',
which appears to be doing what I want.  Feel free to browse in case
you'd like to help me figure out any other things I'm doing wrong in
using CMake.

Thanks for your help so far, I think I still don't 'get' CMake and how
to use it to do what I want, which is this:

:: try to build some c++ code that uses Eigen configured for my
environment as well as possible (custom compilers, command line
options, etc...)

So Eigen represents maybe the third CMake project I've actually worked
on, and I'm still learning how to specify options using cmake and the
process of setting variables, reconfiguring, etc...

Right now, I have the development branch of Eigen checked out into
sub-directory hg/, and I'm trying to get CMake to generate a Makefile
to build some examples.  Sorry for the play by play but I'm not sure
what I'm doing wrong here.

So I type ccmake hg/

I hit 't' to get into advanced mode.

I set:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER              /bgsys/drivers/ppcfloor/comm/bin/mpixlcxx_r
CMAKE_C_COMPILER                 /bgsys/drivers/ppcfloor/comm/bin/mpixlc_r

(These are the IBM-installed wrappers that summon the BlueGene C/C++
compilers with threaded support)

I hit 'c' to configure the files.

I can't write to the default install prefix but I assume that it is
not important.  I hit 'g' to generate the files and quit.

If I type 'make' nothing happens.

In the process of writing this email, I tried 'make test', which fails
because it doesn't try to build the tests first, then 'make check',
which appears to be doing what I want.

Is any of this documented anywhere besides general info on cmake from
the CMake website?

Thanks,
Aron