|Re: [eigen] Nesting by reference of by value ?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Nesting by reference of by value ?
- From: Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 07:58:04 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=4pSrXtnRXlJXHXke80raT4DGay5KxNkPTpk6r4SDAC8=; b=Gd6L1fGvXVY7Yf0x1V1LD2nJcyTboztasgKvgDFPkpcvtZVkTb3cWJ4a/Wtns7wdl7 CFby+OWMYnCpLcjWZoPcRdCYmvh42BCxBFsGlRyp1rIF1mW86ld6B1UMl9ZMqDhcvlJx +i0BpjF8JbBHP2Y9tnLtyideNReoLIK9RR9QU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=q8nQw0/tnvhApt/mjQ/WEtSoTQQis/9brjeCQqQK3Nk9DQnoRCs/kuxTcJ2ziSTiTr Ss+I5GsZdTgGEqzfl6Ur1Id0FB/P7xfGOYmeUlPIJQSlxmkFFrqCYarm8jN4EAkxMAbf qFOa2Vs0rGACeHfEGWuIJ8BXG7doBIAX8A0iY=
Thanks, its working.
On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 6:22 AM, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
this is because ei_ref_selector was not specialized for sparse matrix types. Problem fixed in your fork.
On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I wanted to attack NestByValue today. First, I fixed the unit tests and then I created a clean fork and finally I found out, that the current implementation as I have it in the fork (https://bitbucket.org/hauke/nesting-refactoring/) is causing the sparse_product unit tests to fail.
Gael, since you've already played with it, could you please take a look? It seems to have todo with
SparseMatrix& operator=(const SparseMatrixBase<OtherDerived>& other)
typedef typename ei_nested<OtherDerived,2>::type OtherCopy;
So far it seems as if Eigen::SparseTranspose<class Eigen::SparseMatrix<double,0> > must be nested by reference.
I have no experience with the sparse part of Eigen and any help would be appreciated.
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
Now it would be interesting to bench MSVC as well since it seems this compiler has more difficulties to manage Eigen's code, but this is something I cannot do.
When that were done and we'ld agree upon using nesting by value the next step would probably be cleaning up the locations where NestByValue is used but not required anymore, right?
yes and basically the idea is to completely remove the NestByValue class. Well, actually we will move it to the Eigen2Support module once I merged my fork. So currently we still need to keep it in Core.