|Re: [eigen] Quaternion and expression template|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Quaternion and expression template
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:23:30 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=BWRsnIUFs/yXkY15P0YofZ17NDH/XGoyyV0I0GAkUas=; b=smJXHsE3IKLqQTDe4sCXqPXaQ/9Shg9q6SXxU3EV4UlzAdztSH9j8K8teUJucg1jcC Pg7wLk+3U38MzVOvsVPhxB9CjjoFJNIR9/X5J0Oe0USyxzjzAXbJkOZu6tVb28T54by0 jLh3VJiNx40icOubqQQaVeblgKJEupchqg5uo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=p23HMd6ADbaLcRmDLqWVpndChE874VLLx6Dw08KZG5bkkss5AK4++NsR/sPim+9ip0 tqWFQG0HFlDd1Akod5vXie/9OFjSBAthuUifEmr9kp+ORa606+9dj7oWPdec8Aq6yleZ mIEDLw7hoifvv/grAUwVqLCZQOOnyb3Pf1XOs=
2009/12/1 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> You are right. It really sucks. Even switching to initialization lists and
> declaring like everything with throw() does not change the issue.
> But coming back to my previous proposal. Why should we implement a
> destructor when there is nothing to do. I agree, that in some cases it might
> be required but then we could do that in those cases. The thing is that
> there is one case left which we ignored. Destrcutors can be trivial
> (required for objects you want to put in unions,
> and it is not possible to declare a destructor as such when it is explicitly
> So since tagging with throw() does not help we should get rid of the Matrix
> destructor as well es the remaining (some specializations already have none)
> ei_matrix_storage destructors (when possible).
Feel free to remove any existing trivial destructor. And, I didn't
know about the unions thing.