Re: [eigen] Column matrix

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 2:56 PM, guillaume saupin <guillaume.saupin@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Is there a kind of sparse matrix in eigen which stores only the non null column of a matrix (i.e. a ColumnMatrix) ?

I'm not sure to fully understand what you need here, but what I'm sure about, is that's not in Eigen ;)

So, you're looking for an efficient representation for matrices having a couple of columns which are "empty", right ? So, e.g., if you have a n x m matrix with k non null columns, I guess you would store it into a n x k dense (or sparse) matrix, plus a vector of k integers storing the real column index of each column. If so, then a question is do we really need a new type of matrix for that ? I mean, isn't it enough to simply remove those columns from your problem ? Perhaps I'm missing something though ?

 gael.

In our libraries, we currently use this kind of matrix and as we plan to completely rely on Eigen, we'd like to have this kind of matrix.

As for the SkylineMatrix, we are willing to develop this ColumnMatrix if it does not already exists, and if you are ready to integrate it inside eigen..

Thanks,

guillaume