Re: [eigen] matrix exponential with c++0x

In data lunedì 30 novembre 2009 12:03:21, Hauke Heibel ha scritto:
> I tried to compile the unit tests with c++0x and the matrix exponential stuff failed. I got actually two errors where the first one was trivial to fix though I am not sure anymore whether the fix is correct considering the second error.

what do you mean by 'c++0x' ? did you try gcc improved c++ support from the 4.5 branch ?

> First, M_LOG2_E suddenly was not defined anymore so I added
>
> #if defined(log2) && !defined(M_LOG2_E)
>   #define M_LOG2_E 0.693147180559945309417
> #endif

According to what i've read about gcc-4.5, it is able to compute complex math formulae at compile-time, so that for example "log(e)/log(2)" will be compiled as the floating point that it represents. It was not able to do so before if i understand well. So mabye that's the reason M_LOG2_E is not defined anymore ?

++
Thomas
--
Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>