Re: [eigen] Quaternion and expression template

ahh VS....

Indeed

I wanted to suggest you to try with EIGEN_STRONG_INLINE because I remember that did help VS to better inline

A little update, I also use icc (intel compiler). icc can generate optimized code if :

1/ operator* and ei_quat_product are force inlined (EIGEN_STRONG_INLINE)
2/ the Quaternion<Scalar> constructor is modified :

- inline Quaternion(Scalar w, Scalar x, Scalar y, Scalar z) {coeffs() << x, y, z, w;} + inline Quaternion(Scalar w, Scalar x, Scalar y, Scalar z) : m_coeffs(x, y, z, w){}

like the VS compiler, icc seems to dislike the commaInitializer.

--
Mathieu