|Re: [eigen] Re: Strong inlining is sometimes ignored...|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Re: Strong inlining is sometimes ignored...
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 21:56:59 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=lyCJpk+K6F7F6vp7JAzjdexyNRF+ApllWWb0UrPnHTE=; b=gStiSt+lqEW4/nftTet5cIu4vdgdwd/U+vFH1L7rN2dMFhAo/E/6GXQ5c65z0Bw02r T+9axY6SXaCRoQliVMVGPKUsF0SBA0RlWrZz5QHwiYT3A49xB/mL0QlH6QX6Qc28+lst 4JsiajY5PcoBRbvNoFzg5/JUJCy5O8kuc8G5o=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=VG8rEKWcktACmmHPYDWsRp2iJ7tUmwz7k4mxx0a9x5DBtYFdvRAjE6UezEmHsVIm7V eTyy7Srzue1/OzU2yvoEjEEVlNbSLfbLFjl/BLfcP1j++1JkE4QgUWoPsjmwLTR1yfEj 7IEz3IHHj+sXbp2MIRR09oHkTK/vSZDqdAlt0=
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
This works without warnings. Could you try to explain how this relates to the failed inlining in ei_redux_novec_unroller?
the issue only occurs for even sizes which are the only one being vectorized, so I wanted to be sure VS was able to align a function calling SSE intrinsics..
I have to correct my observation from before. It does not seem to be SSE related since with test_triangular, there are still failed inlines. I attached the list of warnings of test_triangular.
Nonetheless, the warning did not appear with the example from above while SSE was disabled.
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
that's not a good new. What about this simple example:
using namespace Eigen;
EIGEN_STRONG_INLINE void funca(T* a, T* b)
if it compiles fine then we can try to add a few more indirections...
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Ok, some more infos.
The issue is SSE specific, i.e. with 32bit builds and neither /arch:SSE nor /arch:SSE2 set, the warning disappears.
Furthermore, it does not only occure in Redux.h - compiling the unit tests in release with SSE reveals all occurences. Please remember that this issue is currently only proven to occur on VC9. I attached an incomplete list of reports generated by compiling parts of the unit tests.