Re: [eigen] numerical differentiation

Trevor does have some good points here. A better idea for what is
being attempted would be perhaps to provide backends, like it was done
for FFT. Though in that case, we have a basic FFT code in eigen's core
as well.

Instead of throwing the kitchen sink into eigen, let's provide
external interfaces to top notch libraries that exist for that
purpose. This way, we can expose the need of users and avoid
maintaining the code as well. If a feature gets used often, even if it
is unsupported, it will end up core developer's brain cycles.

--
Rohit Garg

http://rpg-314.blogspot.com/

Senior Undergraduate