Re: [eigen] Rigid Transformations in eigen: discussion thread

Last email, I promise :)

2009/9/17 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Also here we're assuming that quaternions and vector8's have the same
> alignment requirements. That's currently always true. It'll be false
> in the future if a platform has 256 bit packets.

Hm, so this is actually the real argument in favor of my original
suggestion (store a vector8 and reinterpret as quats).
Indeed the alignment for vector8's will always be at least as much as
the alignment for quats.

On the other hand, that's a very abstract debate since for now all
simd is 128 bit :)