Re: [eigen] operator overloading vs expression templates, and the need to return references

as Gael said, you can simply return by value at no cost as long as the
vector fits in 1 SIMD register. However such code would perform poorly
in non-vectorized mode, as you know.

if you want to play with something that only works when the function
is inlined, you can use __attribute__((always_inline))

Benoit