|Re: [eigen] default printing format|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] default printing format
- From: Tim Hutt <tdhutt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:44:58 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=WPjUhie+nGdzIQNyCmvPNUB38k3b3HRoL9HiUjz81us=; b=nG5OcUgUzmv8xCtyTZLKW0TqeeV9NYx/uWm1Wv79kyvTxMo2TP9iOk9qAMOfP8ilJb osW/cEhp4keJQnE+hRiaKjL9LudZ9ve00hA7ktj86WvAeHemkNLGCQP3qBlImPaHSV/o S3rnSG+UW3jjftDMiKbHwmgud3+jkpRky/pgc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=kb42jmUY7+uY9DoT+LJEXOT/MR/E8hACBRDn+zYNzTlnFnVHTxaPeaBtil0WC8RB0s ZHrgwJOc3ART8k4tUkG2xP4EsoxFmodzwIyBtQ9a3Bp7txcIq6NU3HfSEl+k8fuWQa6K WIkSmdWt9+rIajGvk2ETWQfTxmdK+Q/BVDs/U=
2009/8/13 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Do you think that the default IOFormat should have alignment enabled,
> so that cout << matrix has aligned columns?
> Pro: looks much better
> Con: takes 2x more time, is useless when outputting to a file that's
> not meant to be read by a human
I think that should be the default. The most common use of cout is
probably debugging/logging/something else that is meant to be read by
a human. If you need to write a non-human-readable matrix really
quickly I think most people would use a binary format...
> While i'm here, here's another request i've received: that the default
> precision be full precision (e.g. 16 digits for double). Here i have a
> rather strong opinion against this, because the correct way to achieve
> this IMO is to set the stream's precision, so that not only Eigen
> matrices but all numbers use that precision. But i still wanted to run
> this request through this list in case I missed something.
I agree, for the same reason as above.