|[eigen] separation declaration -- implementation|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [eigen] separation declaration -- implementation
- From: Michael Meyer <mjhmeyer@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:32:30 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1250703150; bh=bwFgB1NLWuYUyL+pptZhY9JeSgsq27ckY5rSy2L3Jew=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=DrSlJ2og70NIVRSVPplSKh6ry5V/rMFgTcy8neT3z4F5qMH42JEeJZla4r0KHtEtqPch3kiLt3rSrYeOFdcOdZheA1Ac/SIqwrI2bMJqMLCXyKcbqgQ9DFUIwg5Yk2RuW3SOjCQBMdUxGxaRFKjW4MasB5tKaz1v3EiBYhBi+/s=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=4ns2M3V+canAwNHOZ4ZTVW0URS/BEv/hxmf38UBnVfAJrBK+zFJx5xYyel8soQ8wUkor5yCVNctQAZPyqIOhUa/H0bLTOcCUE9dr/bK/jIcok3uPnHdUwhyB1epUPXRTkvxGjlSv1mHewy5V5HfQGoTZqZX+ryqsip/YNu2IMWU=;
What do you think of the idea of taking the implementations out of the header files so we can compile eigen into a library and link against it.
I think it is most elegant to minimize implementations in headers
by all means possible.
The main reason for this request is the compile time (in excess of a minute), probably two minutes on my medium fast laptop.
I am now referring to version 2.0.
There seemed to be files designed to force the instantiation of templates (if I understand the code correctly).
Would it not be better not to do this and instantiate only the templates
you actually need in your project.