Re: [eigen] Non linear equations solver

my 2 cents:

if I were you, I'd start from Keir implementation, extend it to make
the underlying linear solver a template parameter so that one can use
LU, QR, SVD, LLT, etc. or any sparse solver when using sparse
matrices. Actually, we already discussed these things in another
threads.

Then you could have a look at cminpack implementation to see the
differences, and in particular to see whether there are some good
tricks to make the algorithm better (better convergence, more
accurate, etc.)

An in parallel to that, we could discuss the API design, in
particular, how to control the algorithm, how to specify the Jacobian
(user defined, AD, finite differences), etc.

cheers,

gael.

--
Gaël Guennebaud